Friday, January 22, 2010

First Friday Favorite Five of the Year

I have totally been a slacker when it comes to blogging!  I must get back to it!  And what better way than to do my FFF!

 

1) Weekend Scrapbook Retreats – a few weeks ago I was able to head off to The Great Escape in Monroe, WA for some weekend scrapbooking.  This place was awesome!  It is a house built specifically for scrapbooking.  We each had our own 6ft table with organizing shelves, a die cut machine to use for free, complimentary meals prepared by my consultant, and a twin bed in a cute little bedroom.  I was able to get 28 pages done!  Thanks Shelley for finally getting me to go to this!  I had a great time!

crop room cute little bedroom

2) My New Nook – What is a Nook?  It is an E-Reader by Barnes and Noble.  Bob got this for me for Christmas, and I have to admit I was skeptical.  I love to read and I LOVE books – the smell of the pages, the feel of holding a book in my hands, the artwork on the cover….  But I was intrigued by the E-Reader.  So, after reading a few books on it so far, I have to admit that it’s grown on me.  I can download a new book any time, any place!  When I walk into a B&N, it will show me store specials and coupons.  If I want to read a book right now, and I don’t happen to have a copy of it, I can just download it onto my Nook for a small fee.  Now, will I still buy actual books?  Of course!  There are some books that I will want to keep and read over and over (Twilight….Outlander….Time Traveler’s Wife….Memoirs of a Geisha….)  But I am enjoying my E-Reader too!  Thanks honey!  Oh!  And did I mention my super chic Kate Spade Nook Holder?  Love it!

nookNook Cover

 

3) Sunshine – I am LOVING the sunshine we’ve had this week!  It has felt a little bit like Spring, here in the PNW.  I know it won’t last…sigh….but for now it is WONDERFUL!  Thank you, Lord, for giving us some sunny weather!

4) Bob’s 40th Birthday– Last weekend we headed back to Indianapolis for Bob’s 40th birthday.  We had a great time hanging out with Bob’s old college buddies and their spouses.  These are good people!  They all helped me organize a great weekend for Bob by helping me keep it a surprise (until I finally spilled the beans), obtaining IU Basketball tickets, and finding a place for us to watch the Colts Game.  You guys were awesome! 

We had dinner at a Brazilian Steak House called Fogo deChao, which was very cool.  Definitely a Man’s place to eat  -- they kept bringing around spit after spit of beef, pork and chicken!  Wow!  Then we headed to Sun King Brewery to watch the Colts Playoff Game – which they won! (All for you, babe!)  I would definitely recommend the Sunlight Cream Ale here!  Yum!  Then the next day we headed to Indiana University to watch the Hoosiers win in OT against Minnesota.  Yes!  Gotta love you some Indiana Basketball! 

A great weekend was had by all!  The kids got to hang out with Grammie, Great-Grandma (the kids nicknamed her GG this weekend) and cousin Will, while Bob and I hooped it up for his birthday.  Fun Times!

   

5) My Husband – We’ve been together now, for more than half our lives!  We started dating while we were seniors in high school. Who knew we would still be together 22 years later?  Today is our 22nd anniversary of our first date!  Can you believe that?  We went to a high school basketball game together (of course) and then had pizza at Noble Romans.  I think in honor of our first date, we’ll have pizza tonight for dinner and go watch our daughter at HER basketball game.  :-)  I love you Bob!

Happy Friday Everyone!  I hope your weekend is Sunny and you come up with your own Friday Favorite Five!

3 comments:

  1. GREAT FFF, Lisa! Those are awesome ones...thanks for sharing! Yeah, can you send some of that sunshine this down this way...it's still snowing here! Ugh! Love, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Deb, fabulous friday favorites. your ebook thing sounds cool. enjoy the sunshine. we haven't seen the sun in about a week. happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool FFF! I enjoyed this :) And we've been enjoying the spring like temps here too in Dallas... isn't it great?!

    ReplyDelete