Saturday, December 27, 2008

My First Blog!

I told my good friend, Eve, that I would have a blog by the end of the year. So here it is, Eve! My first blog post!

Why the title "Views from a Java Hut"? Well, living in Washington these last 3-1/2 years, we've become addicted to our latte's. Practically on every street corner, there is some kind of "java hut". This is not much of an exaggeration! You have the branded java huts, the local java huts, the java huts that are a neighborhood favorite, the java huts that only men would ever go to, and the java huts that have your latte ready and waiting when you pull up in the drive thru (because they know you so well!). Gotta love those. So when trying to come up with a title, I tried to think of something quirky or catchy that would describe me or my family, and coffee and Java Huts were what I thought of -- because I do love my coffee!

My blog will be mostly about my family -- My husband, Bob, whom I've known since I was 16 years old and my three wonderful children -- Bobby age 17, Alex age 9-1/2 and Sarah age 7.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and come back often! I'm new to this, so please be patient!

Here's to a happy end to 2008! and for me completing my first blog!

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. YEAH Lisa! I knew you could/would do it! I like Raimi's advice that she gave me, "Keep it Simple!" That way it won't be overwhelming. Look forward to more of your posts. Talk to you soon. Love, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw - LOVE the title, Coffee Queenie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Welcome to blog land! Now i can really keep tabs on you-LOL! Can't wait to see you in Feb..
    Have a Happy New Year.

    p.s. that ornament you commented on (on my blog)was from my Mom. I honestly think she found it @ one of the booths @ the mall where they will/can personalize it for you!
    Raimi

    ReplyDelete