Monday, September 28, 2009

Scrapbooks

I am so excited!  I just got 11 of my 15 scrapbooks embossed with dates on their spines  This is something I’ve wanted to do…..since I started scrapbooking!

Looking at my bookshelf, I realized that I have completed 11 family albums and 1 album that shows our vacation time with Bob’s side of the family.  That’s a lot!  The family albums I now have titled and they look great.  I didn’t know how to title the vacation one, so it will have to wait.  I also have 1 album that was completed for me (my wedding album – Thanks Aunt Katie!), 1 album that is “in progress” because I’m not sure how to finish it (currently holds our Cancun, Mexico pictures from 2003.  Maybe a beach album?), and 1 album that I gave up on and hope to finish some day (Bobby’s school album). 

This is quite the accomplishment, if I do say so myself!  I remember when I got started scrapbooking.  My friend Kate invited me to this scrapbook “party”.  I remember telling Bob “I’m just going to be nice.  I am SO not creative.  I’m sure this won’t interest me at all!”   Famous last words, as it has been about 9 years and I’m still scrapbooking like crazy.  I have made albums for friends and family members.  I did a stint as a scrapbook product consultant and had my “own business” for awhile.  And, of course, I will be enjoying my 8th annual scrapbook retreat this coming March with My BFF’s!

Take a look at my beautiful album spines.  I just love them!  I will be starting my 12th family album this weekend at my friend and CM Consultant Shelley’s event, and I’m hoping to possibly do some smaller albums as Christmas gifts.

2 comments:

  1. Wow- those looks awesome! It realy stands out and now you can see what is what.
    What about "getaways" for the one album?
    That is what first came to my mind when I read what you said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great, Lisa! How or where did you get that done...? I need to do that for my albums...

    ReplyDelete