Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Favorite Five - 03/13/2009

I have to admit, this week was hard. Not too many "favorites". I even joked with a FB friend that I should put my 5 things I hate, but I figured that would be too snarky. So this week, they are just so-so, but at least I found 5!!

Top five for this week:

1) Bertolli Skillet Dinners -- these are just enough for Bob and I, pared with a salad and some garlic bread. Perfect for a night when the kids want hot dogs and you just can't stand the thought of another hot dog! Or, for those nights when we are all eating in shifts and Bob and I are eating at like 7:30 or 8:00pm, after all the kids' activities. They are fast, easy and they taste really good! You can find them in your frozen food section of the grocery store! Yummy!


2) My Welcome sign -- I've had this thing for, like, years! Bob got it out of a catalogue for me one year for Christmas. I have a plaque for just about every holiday that I can change each month. It's just a little something that makes me smile. :-)




3) My New Christmas Plate -- yes, I said Christmas! I went to Hallmark today and got this adorable treat plate for $2.99! It was originally $14.99. Woo Hoo! I've wanted one of these neighbor-treat plates for the last few years, but just didn't want to spend the money on a real, glass plate that might not get back to me. But at $2.99, I figured "What the heck!". My neighbor's will enjoy their Christmas treats this year on a nice, new Christmas plate. :-)


4) My Bus Stop Buddies -- every afternoon we meet at the bus stop just a few minutes early to chit chat, get caught up, enjoy the sun, etc. Some days we congregate in each others cars because it's too cold or rainy to be outside. Some days, like today, we can sit on the benches and soak up the sun! With today being a 2 hour early release, not all of the bus stop buddies were there today, but here's a picture of Krissy, Lichin, Leyla and I....



5) The Sun! -- FINALLY the sun is out and it's (semi) warm. Yes! I've learned around here, that no matter the temperature, if it's sunny -- get out and enjoy it! Thank God for a sunny day today! We have needed it. Now, the forecast for the rest of the weekend is rain....but at least we have sun today! Yay!


(the view from up our street -- you can see the tip of my house in the right corner and you can see Mt. Baker in the distance if you zoom in.)
(Sarah and BFF Grace swinging at the Swing Park aka Bus Stop)
(Alex and Armeen playing on the kiddie toys at the park)

I hope you have a great weekend and have your own Friday Favorite Five!








No comments:

Post a Comment