Happy Spring Break Everyone! As I'm sitting here, in the screened-in back porch, watching the kids swim in the pool (even though it rained this morning and is quite cool), I am reflecting back to what my favorite five have been for this week. Admittedly, there are more than five! But I'll try to limit it this week so that I have SOMETHING to post on my blog from our vacation.
1) Coconuts -- I love coconut, especially in the form of pina colada's, ice cream and donuts! Thankfully, florida has plenty of all Three! Gotta give thanks to Coconut Rum, Coconut Ice Cream Bars and the Toasted Coconut donut at Dunkin' Donuts! Yummy!
2) My Blackjack phone -- I love my phone because it allowed me to stay up to date on facebook and my home email. Every morning I would sit out by the pool and check my email and my friends's facebook status updates. It was my 20 minutes of alone time, sipping my cup of coffee and enjoying the sunshine.
3) My daughter's idea of a party -- "Mommy, can we have a family party?" she asked on Monday morning. "What kind of family party, honey?" I asked. "The kind where we grill hamburgers and hot dogs and it's night time and we swim in the pool while it's dark!" The idea of swimming in the pool at night time was her idea of a party! Woo Hoo! Gotta love being 7!
4) Family -- it's been so much fun seeing Bob's grandma this week! She will be 91 years old in June. Amazing! I love looking through old pictures with her and hearing stories of her youth and the kids enjoy having Great Grandma dote on them and give them little gifts like party hats and silly costume glasses. We've also been able to spend time with Bob's mom, who is here on vacation with us, and also Bob's Aunt Katie who drove over from the other side of Florida to visit with us. It's so important to spend time with extended family. I'm glad the kids have been able to reconnect with their great-grandma and great Aunt Katie!
5) Sunshine and warm temperatures -- I have thoroughly enjoyed soaking up the sun this week and basking in the warm air. Even with it being cloudy and overcast today, it's still warm outside. I miss the sun, living in Seattle. More than that, I miss it being 85 and sunny! I am thankful that we have been able to go on this vacation and be reinvigerated with Vitamin D!
I will try to update this post with pictures. If not, look for my spring break vacation post next week!